Women’s Right to Know
ACWC wants all women seeking abortion services make an informed decision. The Women’s Right to Know Act requires that a woman reads, or hears, the Women’s Right to Know Act 24 hours before her abortion.
The act can be read here.
- The Act requires that women who seek abortions be fully informed about relevant issues such as:
- Medical risks of abortion,
- Abortion methods and associated medical risks,
- The possible detrimental psychological effects,
- Medical risks of carrying a pregnancy to term,
- Probable gestational age of the fetus at the time the abortion is to be performed,
- Father's responsibility,
- Medical assistance benefits may be available to prenatal care, childbirth, and neonatal care
- Information on free ultrasounds