Women’s Right to Know
ACWC wants all women seeking abortion services make an informed decision. The Women’s Right to Know Act requires that a woman reads, or hears, the Women’s Right to Know Act 24 hours before her abortion.
The act can be read here.
The Act requires that women who seek abortions be fully informed about relevant issues such as:
• Medical risks of abortion,
• Abortion methods and associated medical risks,
• The possible detrimental psychological effects,
• Medical risks of carrying a pregnancy to term,
• Probable gestational age of the fetus at the time the abortion is to be performed,
• Father's responsibility,
• Medical assistance benefits may be available to prenatal care, childbirth, and neonatal care
• Information on free ultrasounds